Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lancaster Arms Continues Playing Games with Customers

Here we are, into July, and not only have things with Lancaster not improved…but they actually seem to be getting worse.

Various message boards continue to be filled with people who claim that Lancaster is jerking them around, not shipping rifles by promised ship dates, taking months to repair returned rifles, not returning phone calls and emails, and in general just acting as though their customers are nothing but a nuisance to them. This thread serves as a great example of what to expect if you unwisely decide to do business with Lancaster Arms these days.

Although it is certainly implied in all the posts on this blog, at this point I feel compelled to state this in no unequivocal terms: Given the way Lancaster Arms has been running its operation during the last year in particular, it is my strongly-held opinion that doing business with Lancaster Arms right now is very, very risky. From both my personal experience in dealing with Chet Durda and Lancaster Arms, and from the vast amount of data on the Internet indicating that Lancaster has now perfected the dubious art of over-promising and under-delivering, I absolutely do not trust Chet Durda and Lancaster Arms.

If you choose to ignore this warning, ONLY purchase from them with a credit card. Under no circumstances should you send cash, a check or a money order to Lancaster Arms, as doing so leaves you with little to no recourse in the event Lancaster treats you the same way it is currently treating many other customers. And if Lancaster Arms won’t take your credit card, you should consider that to be a warning sign and go elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the same old bullshit from them. I ordered a 74 from them about a year ago, it had the typical problems it took a couple months to get it fixed with me being on them like white on rice, calling every day. The finish is already starting to wear off in spots.

    I do have to say, i've put 1000+ rnds through it and it has been good, surprisingly good actually. Although it's picky with ammo, with silverbear it's great, bullet on bullet at 25yrds, no jams. With wolf polymer it jams every 15th round. I haven't shot any surplus/lacquered through it so i'm not sure how it feeds that.

    Overall right now i'm pretty happy with it, but it was a terrible pain to get a working rifle. It's a shame they can't get their shit straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chet Durda is a damn liar. I don't care how nice he will sound or what he will tell you. He will lie to you and i will make sure anyone ever thinking about buying a firearm from these liars will think twice. I will do my best to keep people away from them. They treated me so bad. Lied to me for 1 year. Messing with my emotions and getting my hopes up every other fucking day for a year. Fuck you Lancaster i hope you read this. Chet your the biggest fucking liar i ever seen within a business. Shame on you and it will haunt you the more you lie to customers that are PAYING YOU money. I love this Blog. It's 2nd when you search Lancaster Arms in google. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Anon #2, this blog has reached #2 in searches for "Lancaster Arms" for a reason...and that reason is that it gets a ton of page views.

    Of course, I would have been happy to have not needed to warn other customers about Lancaster Arms. Unfortunately, when I found out that my experience with Lancaster wasn't all that rare, and that many, many other people had been repeatedly lied to by Lancaster and Chet Durda, I felt like it was only right and proper to warn anyone thinking about doing business with these people.

    I understand that businesses can experience problems from time to time, and I am perfectly willing to be reasonable and patient when a company is dealing with me in good faith. Most people feel the same way, I think. But as I discovered with Lancaster, they have no qualms whatsoever with lying to customers and giving them the run-around when they can't deliver as promised. It's happened to too many people, too many times, for it to simply be some kind of fluke. Nah...it's simply the way they've chosen to run their business.

    And how unfortunate. Given the traffic this blog generates, one can only guess how many people have found this blog while researching Lancaster rifles, and upon reading the posts here, have decided that this is not a company with which they should do business.

    For the sake of fairness, I have invited Lancaster to post their own responses here. Understandably, they have chosen to remain silent. But then, if I was them, I'd be ashamed and embarrassed too.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome, and in fact encouraged, to leave your comments about experiences with Lancaster Arms. The only requirement is that you stick to facts, or well-documented opinions.

Followers

About Me

But quite willing to "help" Lancaster Arms fully understand why the way they run their business, is completely unacceptable.

Welcome to LancasterArmsSucks.blogspot.com

This site exist to help police a firearms manufacturer that has decided to run its business using questionable ethics. Too often, there is not enough complete, accurate information on the Internet about companies engaged in the manufature of firearms. It is my hope that this blog shall serve as a useful tool to help guide potential customers of Lancaster Arms to a fully-informed decision. As of the start date of this blog, many, many people feel as though Lancaster Arms does not run an honest business. We'll let the chips fall where they may...