Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chet Durda credulously refers to Lancaster Arms' many problems as "Internet Urban Legends".

So it seems that, according to at least one report on a popular Internet firearms forum, if you call Lancaster these days and tell them you might be interested in ordering if not for all the negative Internet “chatter” surrounding Lancaster, Chet Durda - the owner and CEL (Chief Executive Liar) of Lancaster Arms - will tell you that all this chatter is nothing but “Internet Urban Legend” put out there by “unhappy armchair warriors”. Yes, it seems that everyone’s favorite firearms dealer/used-car salesman, Chet Durda of Lancaster Arms, still refuses to own-up to the very significant problems with both himself and his company.

We’ll review those problems in a minute. But first let me say, I have been a participant on various firearms-related Internet forums for many years. And I can tell you this with certainty: when people start dogging one person or firm in particular on those forums, if that criticism is not warranted or is unfair, others will very quickly stand up and say as much! On these forums, there are generally enough people around, with enough experience, to be able to quickly sort through criticism that is just, and criticism that is unjust. And the reason that the criticism of Lancaster has NOT gone away (in fact, I’d say it’s picking up steam), is because – Mr. Durda’s wishful thinking aside – the gripes about his company are unfortunately quite real.

So with that said Mr. Durda, please provide answers to the following facts and questions:

1. On this blog alone, there are approximately 30 complaints about Lancaster’s customer service and quality control. 30 complaints! Just on this single blog! And on other Internet forums, there are far more. Are these all just “Internet Urban Legends”, Mr. Durda?

2. Lancaster Arms currently has an “F” rating with the Arizona Better Business Bureau. Is this just an “Internet Urban Legend” too, Mr. Durda?

3. There are now several videos on Youtube of recently-built Lancaster rifles literally falling apart after only a small number of rounds are put through those rifles? I suppose that’s just “Internet Urban Legend” too, Mr. Durda?

4. According to the Lancaster website, Lancaster recently stopped accepting credit cards. With most companies that sell high dollar value items, that is a HUGE red flag. I suppose this, too, is just “Internet Urban Legend” Mr. Durda?

5. The Arizona Attorney General’s office has opened a complaint file on Lancaster Arms, in response to Lancaster’s failure to timely resolve problems. And let me guess Chet Durda…this is also part of the “Internet Urban Legend”?

6. On another website, a very highly-respected and award-winning AK builder who knows Mr. Durda personally, called Chet Durda out as “a pathological liar", "a cheat", a "con man" and "a sociopath". Yes…this is actually somebody who personally knows you Mr. Durda, and who has worked with you and your company, Lancaster! But let me guess…this is just all part of the unfair “Internet Urban Legend” you describe? There can't POSSIBLY be anything wrong with little ol' innocent you, right???

Gee, Mr. Durda. It kinda seems like the complaints lodged against Lancaster Arms, and you personally, aren’t “Internet Urban Legend” at all, but in fact are based on a series of problems that are both well-documented and easy to verify. And given that I also personally know you to be a dishonest and fairly despicable human, I can understand how you would attempt to whitewash things, and try to proclaim that it is everyone ELSE with the problem. That's what people like you do.

So with this allegation Mr. Chet Durda, the only thing you got right was that I (and several others) are “unhappy”. We’re unhappy that you seemingly lack any character or integrity. We’re unhappy that your word means nothing. We’re unhappy that people like you give this entire industry a black eye. We’re unhappy that the Arizona Attorney General’s office has not sanctioned you (yet). We’re unhappy that you apparently think you can outsmart the entire Internet. We’re unhappy that, even after being exposed as a liar in public, you continue to lie like a rug. And mostly, we’re unhappy that you’ve attempted to sweep these problems under the rung and pretend as if they don’t exist. And on a personal level, I’m unhappy that you directly lied to me on three occasions, apparently with no concern whatsoever.

So Mr. Durda and Lancaster, the next time someone calls you and inquires as to why you’ve developed such a bad reputation, you might want to think twice about trying to just blow off the criticism. People ARE going to hear the truth about you and Lancaster…no matter how hard you try and hide it from them.

** As a programming note, to everyone who is new to this blog (and there are many of you according to my hit counter), please read all the posts…ESPECIALLY the post from January containing all the complaints about Lancaster and Chet. **

4 comments:

  1. Here is my experience with Lancaster Arms.
    Part 1
    Wile searching for barrels to finish 2 M65's I stumbled across Lancasters site listing US made chrome lined barrels for $99.00 and "in stock". On Feb 2 I called to place an order. I had been informed at that time becouse they had dropped the price from $149.00 they are now on a 2 week back order. I was fine with that as it would alow me to take extra time on my builds.
    On Feb 16 I place a call to get a status of my order and was told that the barrels had been shipped from there chromer and they should have them by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2
    MARCH 19 I place a call at 8am PT. I get a recording giving the hours of operation.
    MARCH 19 10:00 am PT I call and a woman answers the phone (and a rude one at that) I firmly but politly ask as to the shipping status of my order and was informed that it had not shipped. At this point I have had enough and inform the woman that I wish to cancel my order and that the charge be refunded. Her answer to that is I would have to call back after 2pm as there is no one here to process my request and only Chet can authorize a refund. My responce to that was " Where are you located and was informed Arazona (telling me MT) and that I WILL be calling back at 2pm"
    After I end a futial attempt to resolve my issue, I call my CC company to start the process of disputing the charge. I explain my attemts to recive my order and was pleased to hear that I have done everything correctly. Unfortunaly I still needed to speak with Chet before the CC company could act on my dispute.
    MARCH 19 1:30 pm PT I call back and the rude woman answers again. I ask to speak with Chet. She answers in a discusted tone "He will not be here till 2".
    (I did not know at that time Arazona does not follow daylight savings time changes)
    MARCH 19 2:30 (Keep in mind my intention is to cancel the order and get my refund) I call and Speak with Chet, The conversation goes something like this:
    ME - My name is XXXX and I placed an order on 2-2 for a pair of AK47 chrome lined barrels. (before I can continue he ask for my full name and pulls up my order. I know this becouse he reads off my correct address.)
    Chet - Ok, I have a batch of 86 comming out right now so hold on one sec, let me check on them. (he calls someone in back and I can hear the conversation in the background.)
    Chet - where are we at with the batch of 47 barrels?
    Worker - they had just come out and were cooling.
    Chet - Will they be ready to ship?
    Worker - Should be.
    Chet - (To me) Ok, let me get this started. I don't normaly setup the shipping so it my take a bit. We ship signature required, will there be anyone there to sign for it?
    Me - How long will it take?
    Chet - about 3 days along the west coast.
    Me - I will make aragments to have someone there.
    (Yes I wanted to cancel my order but if I can get what I orderd then I don't have to find another sorce.)
    Chet - Ok, here is a FedEx tracking number. Just so you know, We have to pick ups. If it is on the 4pm pick up you can start tracking it today. If it is on the 7pm you can start tracking it on saterday.
    After the call ended I made arangments to take wendsday off.
    At 7:30 pm I checked my tracking number and nothing came up.
    I checked the number 5 or 6 times on since and still have nothing comming up.

    That is my experance untill now. I have built the 2 m65's as much as I can and a tracking number that I don't know if it is valid or not. I will be checking it untill 7pm wendsday. If nothing comes up or I do not get my package, my next call will be to the CC comp to actavate the dispute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this info. I was about to order a 3060B, and also liked the idea of supporting an Arizona company. But I'm definitely going to look elsewhere now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, although the dates on most of this stuff is a bit old, I would like to mention that the problems continue to this day (02 Mar 2012). I ordered my AKM-47 back in 2009 when I was working over in Kuwait. It took a while to get there (PA), probably more than 2 months, but since I was overseas at the time I was not concerned. When I got back to the US and took the rifle out to fire, it would not cycle properly. In order to shoot, I had to manually rack each round (of course this ejected the next round). I moved to Florida after another year in Kuwait/Iraq and brought the rifle with me to Florida. I attempted to clean it good, oil it and check it out to see if I was doing something incorrectly...no. The rifle was not operating properly. I contacted Chet Durda personally. He told me to send the gun back for repairs or replacement. I sent it back in early October. I sent him several emails and made several phone calls to check on the status. I always got an excuse from Chet. You are on the list for repairs, number such and such...should be another 2 weeks. Two weeks passed and I emailed again...I was now number 4 on the list, should be a couple more days, I was told. Of course the gun did not arrive nor was it even shipped. I also updated my address with Chet about 10 different times, but every time I asked about the gun, he would ask me about the address (which he always had wrong (my father's address). Well, to make a long story shorter: It is now 02 March 2012. The rifle is still in Arizona and I even went to Arizona and he told me he would have it ready for me and I could just come by and pickup myself. Excuse after excuse and I was not able to get the rifle. I sit here in Florida pretty upset about the whole thing, but I do want the rifle back and I don't want to cross the line with the company until I get it back. Anyway, this company sucks ass and I do not recommend anybody using them in the future. I bought an under-folder AK from a local gun shop and it operates perfectly!

      Delete

You are welcome, and in fact encouraged, to leave your comments about experiences with Lancaster Arms. The only requirement is that you stick to facts, or well-documented opinions.

Followers

About Me

But quite willing to "help" Lancaster Arms fully understand why the way they run their business, is completely unacceptable.

Welcome to LancasterArmsSucks.blogspot.com

This site exist to help police a firearms manufacturer that has decided to run its business using questionable ethics. Too often, there is not enough complete, accurate information on the Internet about companies engaged in the manufature of firearms. It is my hope that this blog shall serve as a useful tool to help guide potential customers of Lancaster Arms to a fully-informed decision. As of the start date of this blog, many, many people feel as though Lancaster Arms does not run an honest business. We'll let the chips fall where they may...